- 5 Things You Must Know About The Life After Ectopic PregnancyPosted 76 days ago
- 5 Things You Must Know About Pregnancy UltrasoundPosted 79 days ago
- Top 4 Modern Bedroom Decor IdeasPosted 81 days ago
- Top 5 Ideas for Organizing ClosetsPosted 81 days ago
- Different Types of TumorsPosted 82 days ago
- Risk Factors for Cervical CancerPosted 83 days ago
- How to Prevent Diabetic BoilsPosted 83 days ago
Recipe Of A Healthy And Delicious Cake
Cakes serve as all time snacks. Though cakes were invented in western countries, now they are popular all over the world. Cake can be eaten at any time, with or without any accompaniment. Children would do anything for a piece of their favourite cake.
Cakes are available in the market in a number of flavours, but they are no match to home baked cakes. The freshness and aroma of a freshly baked cake will make any body’s mouth water.
When you bake a cake at home you can use your imagination and experiment by adding or removing different ingredients to the basic recipe of the cake. Like if you are baking a fruit cake you are free to use any fresh or dry fruit, candid peel or currants according to the taste choices of your family.
The following recipe is of a delicious and nutritious Carrot Cake. Carrot is known for its nutritional value. It is eaten as salad, or cooked as vegetable. Carrot tastes delicious in the form of pickle and carrot murraba and, is a popular diet for patients who are recovering from a severe illness.
Carrot has a high content of vitamin A, B, C, E, G and even vitamin K. Its juice is beneficial for eyes and it also improves haemoglobin level. One glass of carrot juice daily helps to remove toxins from the body and purifies the blood. It brings a glow to your skin and reduces wrinkles.
Along with carrot this cake contains walnuts and currants. Walnut is a heart and brain friendly food. Its regular consumption controls cholesterol level and prevents heart disease. It gives strength to the brain, therefore it is recommended for the aged people. Walnuts also help to treat acne problem. It is widely used in face scrubs, as it helps to clear the skin of all ailments. Currants and cinnamon enhances the flavour of the cake.
Grated Carrots-3 cups
Melted Butter or Margarine-1-1/4 cups
Castor Sugar-2 cups
Refined Flour (maida)-2 cups
Baking Powder-1 tea spoon
Soda-bi-carb-1 tea spoon
Salt-½ tea spoon
Cinnamon Powder-1/2 tea spoon
Walnuts-1 cup (chopped)
1. Sieve maida, baking powder, soda bi carb and salt together and keep aside.
2. Grease a baking dish and dust with a little flour. Keep aside.
3. Beat sugar and eggs together till smooth. Add butter or margarine and mix well.
4. Fold in maida and grated carrots alternately. Add cinnamon powder. Mix well to form a smooth paste. The cake mix should be of a drooping consistency; if you find it thick then add milk to bring to the desired consistency.
5. Add chopped walnuts and currants.
6. Pour in the baking dish and put it in the pre heated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degree C.
7. Put a sharp needle through the centre of the cake to check if it is done. Remove from the oven.
8. Let it cool for 5 minutes before unmolding in another dish.
You can use this cake as a dessert also. Take a quarter plate and place a piece of cake on a slice of vanilla ice cream and pour chocolate sauce on top, garnish with glaze cherry and serve.
Photo Credit: Blogchef.net