- Cognitive Therapy for DepressionPosted 105 days ago
- Simple Tips for Pre Pregnancy Weight LossPosted 107 days ago
- Grow Indoor Bamboo to Spruce up the AmbiancePosted 107 days ago
- 5 Easy Yet Powerful Weight Exercises For WomenPosted 108 days ago
- 5 Things You Must Know About The Life After Ectopic PregnancyPosted 108 days ago
- 5 Things You Must Know About Pregnancy UltrasoundPosted 111 days ago
- Top 4 Modern Bedroom Decor IdeasPosted 113 days ago
How to prepare rasam- south Indian delicacy
Hey people, here is a sumptuous recipe of rasam- a south Indian delicacy. So don’t think much, just read the recipe and prepare it in your kitchen cabinet.
Ingredients for preparing rasam powder
100 gm black pepper, 1/2 cup toor dal, 100 gm jeera, 200 gm coriander, 6-8 dry red chilies
Heat oil in a pan and sauté all the ingredients mentioned above one by one separately.
Mix all the powders together and blend them well once again.
Your rasam powder is ready. Store it into air-tight container.
Ingredients for preparing rasam
50 gm tamarind, 2 tsp rasam powder, 1 chopped tomato, 2-3 chopped green chilies, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp hing, 1/ 2cup cooked toor dal, 1 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 5-6 curry leaves
Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Afterwards, take it off from water.
Pour tamarind water, hing, rasam powder, salt, green chilies and half cup water into the pan and put it on theflame. Cook till tomatoes and green chilies turn soft. It will take 5 minutes, add more water if necessary.
Make paste of mashed dal and put it aside.
When the ingredient in the pan turns dark brown in color, add mashed dal to it. Also add water.
Bring it to boil and mix well. Keep it aside.
Take another pan and splutter mustard seeds in it. Also sauté curry leaves. Pour them over the rasam.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice after pouring ghee in it.
For preparing rice
Soak the rice in water for ½ hour.
Pour it in the utensil filled with boiling water.
Bring 2-3 boils, and then let the rice gets cooked for 15 minutes.
Serve the boiled rice in a serving plate with rasam.