- What is The Role of Zinc in Your Pregnancy DietPosted 7 months ago
- Best Tips for Recovering after Ectopic PregnancyPosted 7 months ago
- Cognitive Therapy for DepressionPosted 7 months ago
- Simple Tips for Pre Pregnancy Weight LossPosted 7 months ago
- Grow Indoor Bamboo to Spruce up the AmbiancePosted 7 months ago
- 5 Easy Yet Powerful Weight Exercises For WomenPosted 7 months ago
- 5 Things You Must Know About The Life After Ectopic PregnancyPosted 7 months ago
Health Benefits Of Jaggery
Popularly known as the “medicinal sugar”, jaggery has various health benefits to help in overall wellness of a person. Jaggery is a pure, wholesome, unrefined whole sugar which contains the natural goodness of minerals and vitamins.
Produced from sugarcanes, jaggery is a healthy alternative to white refined sugar. Given below are some reasons why jaggery should be included in one’s diet.
Jaggery has sucrose and glucose but along with that, it also has good amount of minerals and vitamins needed for the healthy functioning of the body. While diabetic people are often advised replacing sugar with jaggery, you need to be careful as the latter may cause sudden spike of blood sugar levels.
Jaggery is also known to be a good source of magnesium which in turn helps in relieving fatigue along with relaxation of muscles, nerves and blood vessels. It thus helps in relieving the symptoms of asthma, migraine, tension and soreness in muscles.
Jaggery is also a good source of potassium and this along with low amounts of sodium helps to maintain blood pressure and reduces water retention. Not to forget, jaggery is very good for anemic people as it is a good source of iron that helps in increasing hemoglobin level in the body.
It is also a very good source of manganese and selenium and thus acts as an antioxidant scavenging free radicals from the body. In addition, jaggery also possesses moderate amounts of calcium, phosphorus and zinc. Jaggery thus helps to maintain optimum health and it also helps in the purification of blood, along with preventing rheumatic afflictions and disorders of bile.
Looking at the high nutritional value of jaggery and its numerous health benefits, one should eat this regularly to enhance one’s overall health.