- What is The Role of Zinc in Your Pregnancy DietPosted 9 months ago
- Best Tips for Recovering after Ectopic PregnancyPosted 9 months ago
- Cognitive Therapy for DepressionPosted 9 months ago
- Simple Tips for Pre Pregnancy Weight LossPosted 9 months ago
- Grow Indoor Bamboo to Spruce up the AmbiancePosted 9 months ago
- 5 Easy Yet Powerful Weight Exercises For WomenPosted 9 months ago
- 5 Things You Must Know About The Life After Ectopic PregnancyPosted 9 months ago
Benefits of Soy
Soy has long been considered as a nutritional powerhouse due to its high content of proteins and essential amino acids along with the presence of calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. Eating soy products has a profound effect on one’s health as it helps in promoting the health of one’s heart and bones along with preventing cancer. Soy is an extremely helpful product for women as it helps in alleviating menopausal related symptoms.
According to researchers, soy promotes the health of one’s heart by lowering the level of ‘bad’ cholesterol or LDL from one’s body. Soy is replete with isoflavones which help in relaxing and expanding the arteries thereby leading to a better blood circulation. It is found that isoflavones found in soy prevent the breakdown of bones and thus lead to a reduced risk of osteoporosis. People suffering from kidney disease can also be benefited by the intake of soy products as the latter reduces kidney stress which in turn leads to a slowing down of kidney damage.
The phytoestrogen profile of soy has attracted a lot of research due to its potential beneficial impact on women’s midlife health. Current studies have found that soy helps in reducing menopausal symptoms like the experiencing of “hot flashes”. It has also proven helpful in decreasing vaginal dryness in some menopausal women.
Soy has also been found helpful in the prevention against cancer, especially prostate cancer. In addition, it also helps in inhibiting enzymes which promote tumor growth. Due to its numerous benefits, soy and its products should be consumed by both men and women to attain a healthy and a happy life. Soy products generally include calcium-fortified soy milk, soy nuts, tofu, miso and other products like soy cheese, soy yogurt and breakfast cereal.