Just like pimples on the face, vaginal pimples are also a common problem. Many women suffer from vaginal pimples but are too embarrassed to discuss the condition with a doctor. There can be various causes of vaginal pimples. It could be a bacterial infection, stress and anxiety, medications like steroids and hormone imbalance.
In most of the cases of vaginal pimples, excess production of sebum due to hormonal imbalance is the main cause. Sebum blocks the pores of the skin and attracts dirt and grime from the sweat as well as dead skin cells. This leads to clogging of pores and ultimately pimples on the vaginal area.
Many women prefer natural treatment for taking care of vaginal pimples because natural treatment is without any side effect and safe to use on a sensitive area like the vagina. However, it is always best to get an opinion from the doctor because many women do not know how to differentiate between a vaginal pimple and symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. Sometimes vaginal warts are also mistakenly treated for vaginal pimples.
Natural Remedies For Vaginal Pimples
Once it has been established that you are suffering from vaginal acne begin the treatment immediately.
1. Keep the vaginal area clean at all times. Do not allow the area to become wet. Keep drying the area using a soft towel or a hair dryer set on low heat. The bacteria causing the infection thrive on moist and dirty environment so keeping the vaginal place clean and dry at all times is very important.
2. Use only medicated anti-bacterial soaps for cleaning the area. Don’t use perfumed or harsh soaps as they may spoil the –pH balance of the vagina leading to growth of bacteria.
3. Use Lavender essential oil for treating vaginal pimples. Lavender has antiseptic properties and is often used for treatment of burns and wounds. Take about two teaspoons of lavender essential oil and add two drops f almond oil I it. Mix the two oils well.
Dip an ear bud in the oil mixture and apply the oil over the acne. Never use essential oil without diluting it. It should always be mixed with a little of carrier oil like almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil before application on skin. Using undiluted essential oil can burn the skin.
4. Apply tea tree essential oil on the affected parts of the vaginal skin. Tea tree essential oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which makes it an excellent cure for acne of any kind. Mix tea tree essential oil with a little of olive oil and then apply it over the vaginal pimples using a cotton ball or an ear bud.
Photo Credit: Premature-ejaculation-treatment.in
This treatment should be done thrice a day for a period of two weeks to get rid of the vaginal pimples completely. Tea tree essential oil will also heal the damaged skin tissues on the vagina which will prevent scarring.
5. Vaginal pimples can be extremely itchy and scratching them can worsen the condition. To prevent scratching of the area apply warm water compress over the vagina. Take a soft towel and dip it in hot water.
Squeeze the water from the towel and then apply it on the acne affected area. Doing this will effectively take care of the itch and any discomfort that the vaginal pimples might be causing you. Dry yourself properly after completing the treatment.
6. Sprinkle cornstarch powder over the vagina before wearing your underwear. Cornstarch will absorb the moisture from the sweat keeping the skin dry and clean. You can sprinkle cornstarch powder whenever you feel your underwear becoming wet due to sweating.
7. Wash the vagina using apple cider vinegar solution. Take two cups apple cider vinegar and one cp water. Mix the two well to prepare a bathing solution. Now wash the vaginal area with this solution. Dry the place using a towel.
Repeat this treatment three times a day to keep the vagina free from bacteria. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar will effectively destroy the bacteria that have made their breeding ground in your vagina and are responsible for the formation of pimples
8. It is important to dry the vaginal pimples in order to cure them. So use Indian Lilac to help the vaginal pimples heal. Indian lilac has antibacterial properties which makes it an excellent cure for a variety of skin infections. Take a handful of Indian Lilac leaves and add them in boiling water. Boil the leaves for 5 minutes and then remove from flame.
Allow the water to cool before straining it. Use this medicated water for washing and cleaning the vaginal pimples regularly. You can also make a paste of the leaves of Indian lilac by grinding it with a little water. Apply a thin layer of paste on the affected vaginal area and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with warm water and dry the vagina thoroughly using a soft towel.
9. Wear only cotton under clothes to prevent the infection from spreading further. Wearing cotton will also cause less discomfort as cotton is a natural fabric. Cotton also helps absorb the moisture from the skin leaving it cool and dry.
10. Do not use razor, wax, tweezer or any depilatory cream on the vagina to remove pubic hair. Removing the pubic hair when you have vaginal pimples will only aggravate your problem. However, once the pimples are all gone you should make it a point to remove the pubic hair regularly to keep the area clean and infection free at all times.
It is important to get treated for vaginal acne as soon as possible. Ignoring the problem can lead to severe infection later on. The above mentioned treatments can be safely and effectively used for curing pubic acne.
However, if the acne does not go away with any of the given treatments or if the acne worsens then don’t hesitate showing yourself to a doctor. Medically, pubic acne is treated using oral antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide for topical application. Sometimes, vaginal pimples can also be a symptom of an other severe infection.10 Natural Cures For Vaginal Pimples,