Renting a car when in a different country sounds like a good idea. It can be for business or for sigh seeing purposes. Whatever the reason might be, it is important to know how to rent a car in a strange land at the best price.
Here is what will help you:
1. Do some searching on car rental companies. This can be done before you start for the foreign trip or while you are there. The first option is better as it will save lots of time.
2. After deciding on a rental company, it is time to approach them. You can book online or personally go there. Booking online will save hundreds of dollars because many times the companies come out with discounts and coupon offers. Also compare the rentals of car companies and you might just be lucky to save 40% of car rental. Try to book the flight tickets, hotel room and the car in a compact package- it saves a lot.
3. If going for the visiting personally option then call them at the earliest. The business works o first come first service basis, especially in holiday season. You can also for an upgradation.
4. Going for independent car rental companies are also good because competition is the motive. Independent companies would give rentals at much lower prices to get ahead in the competition.
5. Always rent a car with the facility of unlimited mileage. This is beneficial for those seeking rental for a long period of time. This arrangement is more flexible because you do not have to get worried about getting billed with every extra mile you go.
6. Return the car on time. It won’t cost you any extra charges and will create a reputation in their eyes. So, in case, you happen to visit the country again, they would be more that willing to give a car on rental and that too with more discounts.