Basics healthy looking skin is a prerequisite for looking good, irrespective of the fact whether you are a man or woman. But for men, most of the times, skin care spells waste of time. What most men do not understand is that the skin is the first barrier against germs and sickness and that it is very necessary to keep it healthy.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your skin stays healthy and glowing :
- The first step to good skin is knowing your skin type . Different skin types require different products and treatments so the knowledge about your skin will help enhance the results.
- Cleansing is one of the very important parts of skin care routine. It should be done on a regular basis. And as men have more oily skin than women, it becomes all the more important as oily skin means dirtier faces.
- Exfoliation is the next step in the routine. All skin types need exfoliation as it removes dead skin cells. You need not exfoliate everyday but twice or thrice a week should be sufficient.
- While shaving do not go against the grain as that will make the skin coarse and might even do serious damage to your skin.
- After you are done with shaving remember to use a moisturizer to keep the skin supple. Also avoid using an aftershave which is high on the alcohol content or with fragnance as that can irritate the skin.
- Avoid over-exposure to the sun as much as possible. You can use a sunscreen with a SPF level of atleast 15. Or, if you are not very comfortable with that, wear clothes that can limit
- Staying in shape also helps the skin to maintain its healthy look , so, exercise regularly and follow a balanced diet.
- Do everything in moderation as excess of anything can have a negative effect on your skin. Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol, smoking and stop stressing your body.