“Pen is mightier than sword”, we have heard since ancient times. In modern times, a computer keyboard is a mighty means as a marketing tool. Whether you own a blog or a website, it is of no use unless and until there are huge traffics directed to your site/blog and this can be accomplished only through writing excellent content.
Below you will find some methods to market through writing:
– Publish regular blog posts at the site. Register with several blog directories such as mybloglog.com, technorati.com or digg.com. The directories help to generate and direct traffic to your site. But obviously, the content should be attractive to spark interest of the readers.
– Search sites which match the field you are writing in. Go through these sites and leave constructive comments. They will surely revert back to you and become a regular reader if they are interested. Continue this method for a long period of time.
– Similarly, leave testimonials for people or products at their sites with a link connecting to your site. Interested people will click on the link and come to your site.
– Submit articles to ezine directory. They have variety of categories and millions of articles. Do not worry if there are existing articles on the topic you are writing for. There are millions of subscribers and somebody is surely going to notice your articles if the content is good.
– Write an e-book and make it original. These days many people just rewrite existing e-books for earning bucks. People who are in this field can easily tell the difference between an original and a rewritten book! Nevertheless, what you can do is advertise the specialties of the e-book written by you. When visitors drop by at the site and subscribe to the blog/site, you give the e-book for free. This way readership increases.
These are just some of the marketing tools. You can invent your own marketing tools to drive traffic to your website.