The pollution in the environment including the dust, snow, rain, bird droppings, smoke etc may make your car’s windshield dirty and you will be lacking visibility. For driving the car safely you must have good visibility and for this you need to keep the windshield clean and neat. Only a clean and neat wind shield alone will give you a clear view to the road. For this you have to check and maintain your windshield washer fluid.
Tips to Check the Windshield Washer Fluid
1. You need to park your car on a flat surface and make sure that your engine is cool and then open the hood.
2. You can see a reservoir for windshield washer fluid and normally it will be seen under the windshield. Usually it is a white and translucent tank. You can found markings that indicate the level of washer fluid.
3. If the fluid inside the reservoir is less than half of the indicator then you have to add washer fluid to the tank. Before adding the fluid you have to ensure that the tank does not have any leaks or cracks. If so you have to replace the tank with a new one.
4. The proper ingredients and their combination for replacing the washer liquid will be available in the car owner’s manual. Take the appropriate liquid and replace the cap of the reservoir. Now fill the tank with the help of a funnel up to the full mark. The funnel will help you to avoid spilling of the liquid in to the engine bay.
5. Replace then cap on the reservoir and turn on the car and check the windshield washer nozzle to determine whether the nozzle pumps the correct quantity of washer fluid.
Good washer fluids will break the bond developed between the glass of the windshield and the pollutants or minerals. Windshield washer fluids wash the glass and also protect the rubber blades seen on the wipers. It also helps to dissolve the ice crystals formed on the windshields. It also protects the wiper blades from getting hard and thus protects the windshield glass from getting scratches.