– Requirements: 3 tbsp lavender oil; 50 grams of charilla; 1.25 litres of water; 100 grams of Acacia concinna (shikakai); 100 grams of Sapindus mukurossi (reetha); 50 grams of char; 50 grams of vetiver (khus); 50 grams of henna powder; sodium benzoate and 50 grams of amla.
How To: Mix henna, khus, reetha, charilla, shikakai and amla; soak them overnight. In the morning, boil this mixture till it reduces to half. Strain it; add the lavender oil and the shampoo is ready. Store in an air tight container.
– Requirements:125 grams of sandalwood powder; 2 cups of neem powder; 500 grams shikakai powder and 500 grams of gram flour.
How To: Blend all the ingredients together. Keep it in powder form in an air tight container. When you need to use, soak 4 tsp of this powder in little water and apply on scalp.
– Requirements: 2 cups of lemon peels; 500 grams of melilotus clba (methi) and 2 kilo of shikakai.
How To: Grind all the ingredients and store in an air tight container. Soak few spoonfuls n water for 20 minutes before use.
– Requirements: 1.25 litres of water; 100 grams of reetha; 1 tbsp sodium benzoate; 2 tbsp lime juice; 4 tbsp glycerin; 100 grams of shikakai; 50 grams of amla; 50 grams of charilla; 50 grams of khus and 50 grams of char.
How To: In boiling water, put charilla, char, khus, amla and shikakai. Boil till the amount drops to half. When it cools little, add the rest of the ingredients. Always rinse off this shampoo with lukewarm water.
– Requirements:1.25 litres of water; 3 tbsp sandalwood oil; ½ tsp sodium benzoate; 50 grams of charilla; 50 grams of shikakai; 50 grams of char; 50 grams of amla; 100 grams of reetha and 50 grams of vetiver (khus).
How To: Except sandalwood oil and sodium benzoate, soak the remaining ones over night. In the morning, boil the soaked ingredients. Let it cool before adding sodium benzoate and sandalwood oil. Store in an air tight container.