Double chin may develop due to several reasons. Heredity, obesity and bad posture are generally responsible for double chin formation. You can easily get rid of double chin through exercises of the jaw and mouth. For stubborn problems, you might go for liposuction to get rid of the menace.
Often double chin arises from poor posture. If you are often stooping, it can help escalate formation of double chin. Always maintain a good posture. Sit up straight and hold your head high.
Exercises that help in the reduction of double chins should be repeated often throughout the day. You should take small breaks from your work and dedicate about five minutes to double chin reduction exercises. In this way, you should repeat the exercises 15 times each day. Regular exercises can even prevent formation of double chin.
Here are some exercises that can reduce double chin.
1. Keep your mouth wide open for about 10 seconds and then relax. Repeat it 10 to 15 times. For better results, while keeping your mouth open, you can put out your tongue as far as possible.
2. Tightly close your lips and slowly raise your head from the chest and bend it back as far as possible. Avoid straining your neck muscles. Count 10 keeping your head tilted backwards. Now slowly bring your head back to normal position. Relax for about 10 seconds and repeat the process 10 times.
3. This exercise is a different version of the above exercise. While holding your head back, slowly open and close your mouth. Repeat this process several times and you can feel the muscles stretch.
4. Sit straight and push your chin forward, trying to touch the chest. Remain in this position for about 10 seconds.
5. Perhaps the easiest exercise is to chew sugar free chewing gum. This helps to tighten the muscles of your face and jaw, keeping your jaw line in shape.
The excess fat and skin can be removed through cosmetic surgery. The plastic surgeon forms a small incision to remove the fat from the chin. The process is known as Tumescent Liposuction.