Gout is commonly known as the disease of rich people. Simple natural home remedies suggested by Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicine, can help bring relief from gout flare-ups.
Ice packs, use of cherry fruits, keeping off high protein diet apart, this system suggests cleansing of blood and taking care of pyrimidine metabolic activity, as the treatment process.
When the proteins are not properly processed in our liver, the remnants of intermediary metabolites boost uric acid presence in the body, which forms into crystals in the joints, especially toe joints, which are referred to gout.
1. Alkaline foods like fruits, vegetables, strawberries and cherries help to reduce uric acid.
2. There are a number of herbal preparations which this process recommends, including Berberis aristata, guggul, Giloy, Manjistha- Rubia cordifolia, Neem, suranjan, etc., all of which purify your blood and help reduce gout flare-ups. These are all traditional medicinal herbs.
3. Navkarshik powder, explained by ancient Ayurveda exponent Chakradutt, contains 9 herbs known for treating gout. This natural combination of herbs cleanses uric acid and clears the blood helping you to get relief from gout.
4. Another traditional Ayurvedic remedy prescribed for Gout is known as Kaishore Guggul, which relieves you from acidity and uric acid gathered in the joints which causes inflammation and pain.
When there is consistent accretion of uric acid in the joints, it will result in serious inflammatory situations like Gouty arthritis, bursitis and tendonitis.Â Â Therefore before this happens, it is necessary to get a curative.
5. This system of treatment recommends cleansing your feet in Epsom salt, which can bring relief.
6. You have to consume over 10 glasses of water daily to flush out toxins from your system and reduce uric acid in the system.
7. An effective treatment for gout recommended by Ayurveda is Punarnava Mandur, which will reduce inflammation, pain and swelling.
This is a traditional Indian system of medicine and is still used in Indian households. These herbal preparations can also be had from internet or from selected pharmacies dealing in alternative medicine.