A perfect mirror or our lifestyle, what we do today will be reflected in how our skin looks five, even ten years from now. So, if we want good skin well into middle age, we should adopt a lifestyle that won’t damage out skin. However, while we can’t stop our over productive sebaceous glands from giving us oily skin, the good news is that this skin type is generally slower to show fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration. The downside – frequent breakouts, large pores and a greasy appearance. However, minimize the negative effects of oily skin with any of the following remedies:
1. Sticking to the basics, experts suggest cleansing an oily face twice or thrice a day with good old soap and water to get rid of the grease, oil and dirt oily skin attracts.
2. A mix of mint juice and rose water applied to the face and left on for 10-15 minutes before being washed-off with cold water will leave you feeling fresh and clean.
3. Follow-up with astringent or a good toner to tighten the pores and rid the skin of dead cells and oil.
4. Apply an equal mix of cucumbers and lime juice, showering with lukewarm or cold water after 15-minutes. Within a month you will be able to see amazing results.
5. Mix lemon juice in ice water and wash your face with it. Nothing will make you feel as fresh and clean as this.
6. A face pack of egg white or besan and haldi mixed with lemon juice is excellent for an oily skin. Apply to the face, avoiding the eye area, let dry and rinse off with warm water.
7. Mix 5 – 6 drops of lime juice to 1 tbsp. of apple juice. Apply to the face, leave on for 15-minutes, then rinse off with cold water.
8. Use glycerin-based soaps.
9. Mash cucumber and tomatoes together, apply to face leaving on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off.
10. Make a face pack of one egg mixed with a teaspoon of honey. Apply to face and wash off after leaving it on for 10-15 minutes.
11. If, you are going to go out in the sun, clean your face and neck with cottonwool soaked in fresh butter milk. Wait for 10 minutes and wash with warm or cold water.
12. Mix 5-6 drops of rose water in 4 tbsp. of ice water and apply on face. This helps control oiliness and makes you feel fresh.
13. Freshly squeezed apple juice mixed with equal parts lime juice and applied to the face is good for oily skin.
14. Deep cleanse skin with Almond Cleansing Milk followed with an Almond Moisturizing cream.
15. A weekly Almond Face Pack will keep the oil under control.