Don’t take your feet for granted, be good to them by treating them to pedicures that will keep them looking well looked after and pretty. If, you don’t have the time to have them professionally done, you can give yourself a pedicure at home. Easy to do, they are the most relaxing of treatments and don’t rquire fancy tools. All you need is to know how a pedicure is done. Pamper your feet with a home pedicure and find out how well worth it, it was. Begin by:
1. Removing your old nail polish.
2. Trim your nails with a nail trimmer, straight across and not too close to the skin. Don’t clip toenail corners as this could cause ingrown toenails. File them to the desired shape.
3. Take a relaxing foot soak in a basin of warm, soapy water to get rid of any dirt or grime. You can add some essential oil of lavender for that relaxing feeling. Use a pumice stone to get rid of any rough, dry skin for a smooth look.
4. After the soak, your feet should be relaxed and supple to work on. Clean under the nails with a Q-tip to get them clean.
5. Dry your feet, rub some cuticle oil into your cuticles and give yourself a gentle massage with a rich foot cream for a couple of minutes or more.
6. Prop your feet up so that you can work comfortably on them. Next use a Q-tip to push the softened cuticles back.
7. Separate your toes with cotton balls or if you have them toe separators.
8. Light lotion or foot cream, if you have it,are a real treat as you massage your feet. This is good for the circulation too! If you need or want to push your cuticles