- Quick Facts About Acquired Immune Deficiency SyndromePosted 9 months ago
- Pictures To Use While Decorating Your BedroomPosted 10 months ago
- A Nutritious And Effective Diet Plan For ADHD ChildrenPosted 10 months ago
- Understanding Sinus Cavity ProblemsPosted 10 months ago
- Top Five Vitamin K Rich FoodsPosted 10 months ago
- Diet Tips For HypoglycemiaPosted 10 months ago
- Effective Ways To Cope With Early Pregnancy Breast TendernessPosted 10 months ago
Banana Cake Recipe
This yummy banana cake recipe is always a hit with all age groups. This is a healthy option of snacking as this includes multi grain flour instead of self raising flour.
The cinnamon adds extra taste to the cake. Children are fussy eaters, and this delicious and healthy cake recipe is a good Tiffin option. With this cake recipe snacking becomes healthy and tasty.
Preparation Time: 15 minutesCooking Time: 30-35 minutes
1 ½ cup multi grain flour
3 eggs¾ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup refined vegetable oil / butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon baking powder2 ripe bananas
2-3 drops of vanilla essence
1-2 tablespoon of milk if required1 teaspoon of rum (optional)
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees. Sieve the flour and baking powder together and keep aside. Take a deep-bottomed pan and whip eggs in it till they are frothy and fluffy.
2. Take powdered sugar and gently add to the egg mixture, keep beating all the while. When the sugar is nicely dissolved in the eggs, add butter to the egg and sugar mixture. Beat the above mixture till you get even and smooth consistency.
3. Peel and mash the bananas nicely with your hands or you can churn them in the mixture. Put the mashed or pureed bananas into the cake batter and mix thoroughly. Fold multi grain flour into the cake batter slowly and gently, while mixing in the same direction.
4. Keep beating the cake batter and give it a smooth texture, add honey and cinnamon powder and mix nicely. Add vanilla essence and rum to the cake batter. This would give an extra taste and flavor to the cake. The cake should be of a ribbon like consistency when dropped from the spatula, if not, then add milk and make the batter of this consistency.
5. Grease the cake tin and put the cake batter in it. Bake the cake for 30 – 35 minutes. When done, allow the cake to stand in the oven for 5-10 minutes. When cooled down, cut into desired shape and size. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or chocolate sauce. Tastes best when hot and it’s an excellent evening tea snack.
photo credit- tipdeck.com