Are you sick of having to fight a losing battle against embarrassing blemishes, blackheads, pimples or the greasy mess your face comes up with every now and then? Well, it is most likely that the cause is an oily skin. Don’t lose your sleep over this, because with a little extra care, you can reduce oily skin problems and improve skin appearance remarkably.
Most of us think oily skin is a typical problem of teenagers due to the hormonal shifts of adolescence. However, it can occur at any age. This type of skin is caused by the oil producing sebaceous glands producing more oil than is necessary.
While there is no miraculous cure for oily skin problems, here are a few tips to help you take special care of oily skin.
1. Cleanse your face well using lot of water at least two to three times daily. Do not overwash though; or you would risk stripping your skin of too much oil, making matters worse. Choose your cleanser carefully; avoid harsh soaps and cleansers containing alcohol.
2. After cleansing, use a non-alcohol based astringent for toning.
3. Moisturize you skin with a natural, oil-free moisturizer, which will help it remain supple. However, if your skin is extremely oily, moisturizing might not be necessary.
4. Use a clay or mud mask once or twice a week, to get rid of excess oil from your skin. Mix thoroughly equal quantities of clay powder and raw honey. Apply the mixture on your face, leaving out the area around the eyes. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then rinse with water.
5. While buying over-the-counter cosmetic and facial care products, choose only those that are specially designed for oily skin.
6. Before applying makeup, use any antiseptic day cream containing benzyl peroxide that helps reduce oil secretions.
7. Wear oil-free makeup or as little makeup as necessary.
8. Follow a healthy diet that is rich in leafy green vegetables and fruits.
9. Drink plenty of water daily.
10. Avoid oily food and use no/minimal oil for cooking.
Follow these simple natural tips to wake up with a healthier, glowing skin.