Not all of us are blessed with a beautiful skin. If dryness is your problem, look no further. Here are some natural tips to help keep your skin feel supple and moist even in harsh weather conditions.
Dry skin looks great at young age, but if you don’t take enough care, wrinkles and other signs of aging can start off pretty early. The low level of sebum or oil in dry skin makes it more sensitive. The skin is unable to retain moisture, often resulting in a parched, flaky or chapped look. With proper care however, you can rejuvenate your skin and get a refreshed look in a few days.
1. Keep water lukewarm, but don’t use hot water at all. Spray your face with mineral water several times a day to feel refreshed all day long. Pat skin dry; don’t rub with your towel.
2. Cleanse you face daily with gentle, nondetergent, neutral-pH cleansers. In winters, you can also double-cleanse with a cream that does not require rinsing.
3. Rejuvenate your face with few drops of rose water or any gentle toner every day after cleansing.
4. Apply a rich moisturizer to help the skin cope with its lack of natural oils. The moisturizer will help increase the water content of the outer layers of skin, leaving it soft and supple.
5. Apply baby oil mildly on your body after a bath or shower.
6. Massage any natural nourishing cream onto your face every night before you go to sleep. Apply generously in the areas around the eyes to prevent tiny lines and crows feet to develop.
7. Ex foliate your skin with a mild scrub every week or once in two weeks.
8. Mix the following ingredients well and apply as a face mask once in two weeks:
1/2 teaspoon olive oil,
1 teaspoon honey,
few drops of rose water
9. Take a milk bath once a week, and see how it works wonders for your skin.
10. To take care of chapped lips: Take a little cream of milk; add a few drops of rose water and lime juice; massage this mixture onto your lips every night before going to sleep.
11. Make sure your diet is healthy, and rich in vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts and seeds.
12. Drink plenty of water every day.