Outlook Express is one of the most widely used platforms to send and receive e-mail. But before you use Outlook for e-mails, you need to set up an account. Let us take a look at how you can set up an e-mail account in Outlook.
The Internet Connection Wizard makes it easy to set up your online mailbox. Just follow these simple steps for every e-mail account that you set up in Outlook Express.
1. Before you start setting up the account, make sure you know the following information:
- Your email address
- The kind of e-mail server you use (POP3, HTTP, or IMAP)
- The name of the outgoing e-mail server for POP3 and IMAP servers
- The name of the incoming e-mail server
- Your account name and password
2. Open Outlook Express, and from the Tools menu, select Accounts. If the Internet Connection Wizard opens automatically, you can skip ahead to Step 4.
3. Click on Add, and then select Mail to start the Internet Connection Wizard.
4. Enter your name on the Your Name page of the wizard. Type the name that you want to appear in all e-mails that you send. It is a common practice to use full name here, but you can use your nickname or any other name as well. Click Next.
5. Enter your e-mail address on the Internet Explorer Address page of the Internet Connection Wizard. Click Next.
6. On the E-mail Server Names page, enter the type of e-mail server you use, the name of the outgoing e-mail server (for POP3 and IMAP servers), and the name of the incoming e-mail server as gathered by you in Step 1 above. Click Next.
7. Fill in your account name and password on the Internet Mail Logon page of the wizard.
8. Click Next. Then click Finish.
You have successfully set up your Outlook e-mail account. Check by sending your first e-mail.