Are you suffering from whitehead problems? Are these unsightly clogged pores breaking out on your face from time to time? Well, don’t worry; all you need is a proper skin care routine to help reduce the outbreak of whiteheads. Here are a few tips on how to remove whiteheads and get a cleaner, clearer skin.
A whitehead is a pore clogged with build-up of oils, sebum and dead skin. This clogged pore is directly under the skin’s surface, and hence shows up as a small white bump on the skin. Although whiteheads look similar to pimples, they are not the same, and whiteheads need to be removed carefully. You can get rid of whiteheads by following a strict skin care regimen, as follows:
1. Fill a large bowl with hot, steamy water, and pour 2 to 3 drops of tea tree essential oil into the water. Cover your head with a towel and steam your clean face with this water for 5-10 minutes. Immediately after steaming the face, you can use a comedone extractor tool to help remove blackheads and blemishes from pores. Repeat this routine once a week or once in 2 weeks.
2. Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face at least two times a day. Work the cleanser into your skin with your fingertips, but make sure your hands are cleaned beforehand. After washing, rinse off with lukewarm water. Follow the warm rinse with a cool one. Dry your face and apply astringent or toner and gentle moisturizer.
3: Remove dead cells from your skin by using a gentle scrub or exfoliating cleanser about 2 times a week. Rinse thoroughly, pat dry and apply astringent or toner and moisturizer.
4. In case of existing breakouts, apply a thin layer of anti-acne cream on the whitehead infected area before using your daily moisturizer.
5. Drink plenty of water. Make sure you drink water when you’re thirsty, instead of soda, juice or alcohol.
6: Follow a healthy diet. Healthy eating can lead to a radiant, healthy skin. Make sure to include plenty of dark leafy green vegetables to your daily diet.
7. Follow a hygienic daily routine. Untidiness can cause and aggravate whiteheads and other skin problems.
8. Wash your hair regularly to keep it squeaky clean. Pimples often occur around the hair line because of the bacteria caused by hair oil.
If your whiteheads problems still persist after following these home remedies, then please consult your dermatologist.