Have you often been troubled by pre-party jitters about how to choose the perfect hairdo for a party? Should I put my hair up? Or would it suffice to wear it loose? Such thoughts might have kept troubling you almost before every party. While you can create numerous variations with your hair, there are some classic updo hairstyles which work great to make you look fabulous on the special day.
There can be endless variations of updo hairstyles, each distinct on its own and serving a unique purpose – formal, funky, casual or even whimsical. Hence, it is important for you to decide the kind of look that you want. Consider the occasion for which you are choosing your hairdo. While a messy updo may work wonders for a casual day, a sleek and classy hairstyle is more apt for a formal occasion. Other things to think about while choosing updo hairstyles include face shape, length, texture and color of hair, and of course, the outfit you will wear for the party.
For example, if you have a round face, go for a look that adds height to your face, so that it does not look too wide. However, for an oblong face, the right up dos are those that do not exaggerate the face length. Again, if your hair is coarse and curly, opt for a look that makes most use of your ringlets instead of going for a sleek look. If your outfit is dramatic, the hairdo should be stunning as well; a romantic gown goes well with a soft look; and a tailored dress can be best paired with a sleek hairdo.
Tips on Up do Hairstyles
1. Don’t be afraid to experiment with creative updo styles whether you have short, mid-length or long hair.
2. Make sure you practice the hairstyle ahead of time if it is for a special occassion.
3. Try not to wash your hair on the day of the event, as shampoo makes hair slippery which might lead to updo fallout.
4. Use as many hair pins as possible to secure the updo in place.
5. Expand on your own sense of style without compromising on your comfort.