The Internet has become the choice of convenience for online house shopping. If you want to choose a house sans real-estate agents then you could log onto real estate sites to select a home of your choice using the available selection criteria on these sites.
This is a great way for you to make an individually informed decision without being cluttered with options and opinions of real estate agents. You can even avoid paying that agent commission as well.
Almost all real estate companies have their own websites where home-shoppers can choose available homes or plots based on parameters like price, location, rooms, feng shui compliance etc.
Before starting off, choose a good real estate site. You could use some word-of-mouth opinions for this. Like you, there may plenty of other who would have bought, sold or leased a home using the services of a website.
Once you have arrived at a good / widely used / popular real estate broking site, follow the below steps to start your home search.
1) Create a login and password on the site. Enter your personal details like name, contact address, contact telephone / mobile no and email Id in the personal information section after logging in.
2) Select your preferred notification method. If you like to contacted by mail, select that checkbox only. It is recommended that you select your preferred notification method as your mobile phone, as this is faster. Some sites have SMS notification facility as well.
3) Proceed to select homes based on neighborhood, region, county, district, state or ZIP code.
4) Select your price range.
5) You will get a list of properties based on your chosen price range. Proceed to select a home based on the number of rooms, bathrooms, kitchen etc. You can also select based on the availability of a swimming pool, view, multiple floors, existing furniture etc.
6) The website may also offer photographs of these properties along with their history.
7) Choose your home and add them to your cart.
8) Get talking to the sellers.