“Prevention is better than cure” – this popular phrase holds so true in this case. You may be well equipped to handle a situation of the flat tire. But don’t you think it is better to stay safe and avoid this incident from taking place as far as possible? Well, if you want to know how you can avoid flat tires, then go through the important points below.
How to avoid puncture:
1. No matter you have bought a luxury car or settled for a cheap one, you need to check the tires of the car properly. While checking the quality of the tire, you should see that it has stable side wall and deep grooved surface. You have to check that they are balanced in such a fashion that they can handle high speed too. In case, you experience bumpy moves while driving a car, it is recommended that you should get its rebalancing done. Not only this, the bouncing of the tires can also be caused by a broken tie-rod. So, it is always better to get checked and get it fixed as soon as possible.
2. You need to check that tires are well inflated. If tires are not properly inflated or they are deflated, they can badly affect the steering of a car and thereby put the life of the passengers in danger. It is found that tire rubber expands when car runs at a high speed during hot days. This may along with other factors like fuel leakage and hot asphalt paving cause tire to break apart and result in a car crash or collision. So don’t forget to get your tire checked properly.
3. You need to look that the wheels are aligned properly. In case of poor alignment, you will notice its effect on both the interiors and exteriors of the tire. So if you come across any such case of poor tire condition especially of the rear tires, do pay a visit to the mechanic. Chances are that Universal joint needs a replacement.
4. If your car has custom-made tires and spinning wheel covers than the regular ones, then you need to be extra attentive to the natural hazards and obstacles created by man. Both of these may cause huge damage to the tires and sometimes may affect undercarriage parts such as gas lines, steering assemblies and tanks too. So be careful while driving and avoid them as much as possible.
5. The last important point is that if you feel that your tire is deflating slowly, you need to pull to one side of the road. For an immediate relief, you can take resort to Fix-A-Flat can to refill the air. But remember, this does not work in most of the cases and is not recommendable for long journey. So drive car to the nearby service center and get the problem fixed as soon as possible.
Apart from these, you need to be careful with your maintenance plan. You should check for the spare tire and required tools in your car trunk before revving up the engine. Ensure that your cell phone functions properly so that you can call for service assistance at any point. You can also carry a road hazard tool kit. This can be availed from any of the local hardware stores.