- Causes And Symptoms Of Alcoholic Liver DiseasePosted 7 months ago
- Significant Effects Of Yellow FeverPosted 7 months ago
- 4 Ways To Treat MyositisPosted 7 months ago
- How To Tone Your Arm MusclePosted 7 months ago
- 4 Ways To Strengthen Your Core MusclesPosted 7 months ago
- 4 Exercises To Tone Abdominal MusclesPosted 7 months ago
- Different Kinds Of Therapy For SchizophreniaPosted 7 months ago
Five Poisonous Foods
It is unbelievable, but in some restaurants world-wide, waiters serve foods that are actually poisonous to eat.Â Some are even considered delicacies in some cultures.
“Fugu” or “Pufferfish”
Pufferfish is called Fugu in Japan, but they are one and the same.Â Pufferfish is deadly!Â Pufferfish is known as the world’s most dangerous delicacy.Â One single drop of Pufferfish (or Fugu) can leave you completely paralyzed and may even lead to death.Â The flesh of Pufferfish is not dangerous.Â However, their liver, skin, gonads, and intestines cause more of a poisoning than any other marine species.
You can avoid being poisoned by pufferfish by being careful when fishing in the Indo-Pacific regions, the Gulf of Mexico, or the Gulf of California.Â Also, if you are touring Japan, make sure you avoid at all costs the dish known as “Fugu”.Â Otherwise, you might be spending the rest of your vacation in the hospital.
The Giant Bullfrog
Considered a delicacy in Namibia, the giant bullfrog is also considered a poisonous food.Â Â Most of these “giant bullfrogs” have poisonous skin and poisonous internal organs.Â If you eat one of these creatures before “croaking and breeding”, or prematurely, you may experience burning and inflammation in your uretha.Â You could even go into temporary kidney failure.Â This frog-induced disease is known as Oshiketakata.Â Treatment for these conditions caused by giant bullfrog consumption usually consists of medication by local hospitals or clinics.Â The medicine, however, is generally not effective.Â The condition is usually only fully recovered from after the passage of time.
Cassava is grown for its enlarged, starch-filled roots.Â They can be peeled, boiled, baked, or fried.Â Alcoholic beverages can even be manufactured from its roots.Â But world-wide, cassava is a popular staple food.Â It is often used for the purpose of preparation of tapioca starch or flour.Â It can be poison, however.Â If cassava is not properly cooked or washed, cassava roots and leaves contain the poison cyanide.Â Cyanide is a toxin which is fatal to humans, even in small doses.
“San Nak Ji” or “Live Octopus”
San Nak Ji is very popular as a delicacy that is served in South Korea and Japan.Â People eat it while it is alive and moving.Â In fact, the challenge is to eat it while the tentacles try to stick to the roof of your mouth. This food is not poisonous in a sense that it does not give off a poison.Â It is, however, dangerous and deadly because it is a choking hazard.Â Eating San Nak Ji contributes to six deaths per year.
The silver-stripe blaasop is also known as a delicacy to the locals who live in some parts of the Indian Ocean. The poisonous parts of this fish are concentrated in the liver, reproductive organs, and also skin of the fish. Poisoning from this fish can cause paralysis and breathing problems.Â In early 2007, there are about 10 reported deaths relating to the poisoning of the fish which include 8 in Egypt and 2 in Israel.