- Causes And Symptoms Of Alcoholic Liver DiseasePosted 9 months ago
- Significant Effects Of Yellow FeverPosted 9 months ago
- 4 Ways To Treat MyositisPosted 9 months ago
- How To Tone Your Arm MusclePosted 9 months ago
- 4 Ways To Strengthen Your Core MusclesPosted 9 months ago
- 4 Exercises To Tone Abdominal MusclesPosted 9 months ago
- Different Kinds Of Therapy For SchizophreniaPosted 9 months ago
Easy To Prepare Santa’s Favorite Sugar Cookies Recipe
Christmas always brings with it memories of our dear old Santa Claus and what better way to lure Santa to our chimneys than baking his favorite sugar cookies!
These ultra soft, super yummy cookies are very easy to make and are popular with everyone, the young or the old.
The faint flavor of almonds hits your taste buds as you bite into a cookie and fills your mouth with vanilla milkshake as most of us would like to call it! Give them a try this Christmas eve. The kids will love it!
1 cup Sugar granules
2 ½ cups of all purpose flour or maida
1 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp baking powder
4 ounces of cream cheese
½ tsp of salt
1. Sieve the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder and salt together; keep it aside for later use.On the other hand, whip the butter and sugar together very well in a large bowl and cream it until the mixture is smooth and creamy. When the appearance of the mixture is white, you know it’s ready.
2. Now, beat in the cream cheese, the eggs, almond extract and vanilla to this butter sugar mixture. Gradually, spoon the dry ingredients into the mixture and blend vigorously till the batter thickens.
3. Place the cookie dough in a cloth wrap or plastic and refrigerate it for not less than 3 hours. You can also leave the dough for chilling overnight. When the dough becomes sufficiently chilled, flour the platform where you are going to roll out the cookies.
4. Take the dough out of the fridge and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a circle of half inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out different shapes from the dough. Please remember to flour the cookie cutters in advance before using them.
5. The oven should be preheated to 350 degree for 10-15 minutes. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet (ungreased) or a baking tray and bake the cookies for eight to ten minutes. When you see the cookies changing color (to golden brown) at the base, immediately take them out of the oven or else they’ll burn. Let the cookies cool completely before starting to decorate them.
For the Decoration:
1/3 cup butter (softened)
500 gm icing sugar
¼ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Mix these ingredients together till smooth. Divide this mixture in separate bowls and add desired colors (edible), preferably green and red (the colors of Christmas!). Use a butter knife to even out the icing on top of the cookies.
Now Coat the cookies will corn syrup and decorate with sprinkles, gems and candies. One can also use cones to pipe the icing into it and decorate the cookies with it. Use your imagination!
Your cookies are now ready to eat!
You can substitute the almond extract with the vanilla if desired. Also, health conscious people can replace the 3 ounces of cream cheese with fresh cream (at least 3-4 tbsp).
Photo Credit- Reclaimsimplicity.com