- Causes And Symptoms Of Alcoholic Liver DiseasePosted 7 months ago
- Significant Effects Of Yellow FeverPosted 7 months ago
- 4 Ways To Treat MyositisPosted 7 months ago
- How To Tone Your Arm MusclePosted 7 months ago
- 4 Ways To Strengthen Your Core MusclesPosted 7 months ago
- 4 Exercises To Tone Abdominal MusclesPosted 7 months ago
- Different Kinds Of Therapy For SchizophreniaPosted 7 months ago
Delicious Recipe For Pumpkin Roll
Cream rolls and chocolate rolls are a thing of the past. With Halloween gaining so much popularity in recent years, it is the Pumpkin Roll that has caught people’s fancy. This amazingly delicious roll not only tastes good but looks tantalizing as well.
Imagine a light honey colored roll filled with cream cheese and spices and your mouth will instantly start watering. The pumpkin roll also makes for an excellent dessert for your Halloween and Thanksgiving parties. In fact, you can even use them as sweets when children come calling for Trick O Treat.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
For the Cake
Cake flour – 100 grams
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
Powdered cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
Nutmeg powder – ¼ teaspoon
Eggs – 3 large
A pinch of salt
White granulated sugar – 220 grams
Pure vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
Fresh pumpkin puree – 180 grams
For the Filling
Softened cream cheese – 230 grams
Softened unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons
Icing sugar – 1 cup
Pure vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
Nut brickle – 150 grams
Chopped walnuts – 1 cup
Dusting sugar – ½ tablespoon
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Take a baking pan and lightly dust it with non-cooking spray or butter. Place a wax sheet on the bottom of the pan. Apply some more butter and lightly dust with flour.
2. Take a large mixing bowl and sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder into the bowl. Add salt and mix well.
3. Break the eggs in the bowl of your electric mixer and beat them at high speed for at least 5 minutes or until the eggs become fluffy turn pale yellow in color. Now add vanilla extract and beat for 30 seconds. Next, add pumpkin puree and beat again at high speed.
4. To the beaten eggs mixture gradually add the flour mixture. Gently fold in the dry ingredients mixture. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. The cake should pass the toothpick test. The cake will have a spongy texture and will spring back upon light pressing.
5. Spread a clean kitchen towel on your kitchen slab. Sprinkle some icing sugar on the towel. Remove the cake from the baking pan immediately on the kitchen towel. Get rid of the wax paper.
6. Dust the cake with icing sugar and gently start rolling the cake from one side. Do the rolling while the cake is still hot because it will be easier to roll the hot cake. Place the rolled cake on the wire rack to cool.
7. For the filling: take a bowl and add cream cheese, butter and vanilla to the bowl. Beat the ingredients well together. Add sugar and beat again until the sugar dissolves completely and you have nice and rich cream like mixture. Now add the nuts and gently fold them in.
8. Unroll the cooled pumpkin roll. Scoop out the cream filling from the bowl and spread it evenly on the roll. Roll the cake once again and cover it with a moist kitchen towel. Place the roll in the fridge for 8-10 hours. Once the cake chills, cut it into pieces. Lightly dust the pumpkin roll with icing sugar and serve.
Photo Credit: Indulgy.com/post/cnHwmnBVD1/pumpkin-roll-cake-with-cinnamon-cream-chees#/leanne/I%20Wanna%20Make/from/59277065823