Servings Per Recipe: 4
Preparation Time Required: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time Required: 25-30 minutes
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of dry active yeast
2/3rd cups of milk
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ cup of warm water
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3rd teaspoon of salt
1/3rd teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of heavy cream
2 ½ tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar
12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 waffle iron
1 mixing bowl
Method for Preparation
1. Take a small bowl and fill it with the warm water. Then put the yeast in water and dissolve it. Once done, set aside the yeast for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes foamy. Now take the flour in a large mixing bowl, and pour the foamy yeast over the flour.
2. Follow that with the 1/4th part of the milk, salt, vanilla essence, and vegetable oil and combine them together to mix them thoroughly. Then beat the eggs and pour them into the flour mixture. Pour the rest of the milk a little at a time, so that you can combine all the things nicely. The consistency of the batter should neither be too runny, nor too thick. But it should easily drip from the spoon when you tilt it.
3. Now before you make the waffle, place the waffle iron on medium high flame and heat it for 5 minutes on each side. Heating the waffle iron uniformly is a very important step; otherwise, your waffles won’t be nicely cooked.
4. Once your waffle iron is evenly heated on both the sides, open it up and spray the cooking spray on it. After that, pour the batter all over the iron, so that the flour evenly covers the surface. But at the same time, you must be careful that the batter should not become too thick at one place.
5. Once you have filled the iron with the batter, immediately cover with the lid and lock the handles of the iron. Now slowly flip the iron and place the other side on the heat. This is also very important because, if you don’t flip the iron the batter will overflow from the sides.
6. In the meantime, take a sauce pan and place it on high heat. Then pour the heavy cream into the sauce pan and boil it until it becomes slightly thin. Once done, remove the cream from the heat and dissolve the chopped chocolate pieces in it. Dissolve the chocolate until all the pieces have broken. After that, add the confectioner’s sugar to the mixture and combine all the things nicely with a spoon, until the sauce becomes smooth and silky.
7. Now cook the waffles for 7-10 minutes, until they are browned on both the sides. Then take out the crispy waffle on a serving platter and make the other waffles with the rest of the batter. Once all the waffles are ready, serve them on a serving platter and drizzle the chocolate fudge sauce from the top.