- Causes And Symptoms Of Alcoholic Liver DiseasePosted 7 months ago
- Significant Effects Of Yellow FeverPosted 7 months ago
- 4 Ways To Treat MyositisPosted 7 months ago
- How To Tone Your Arm MusclePosted 7 months ago
- 4 Ways To Strengthen Your Core MusclesPosted 7 months ago
- 4 Exercises To Tone Abdominal MusclesPosted 7 months ago
- Different Kinds Of Therapy For SchizophreniaPosted 7 months ago
Best Recipe Of Lemon Garlic Chicken
Preparation Time Required: 1 hour 10 minutes
Cooking Time Required: 2 hours 40 minutes
1 roasting tray
1 think aluminum foil
1 sauce pan
1 potato masher
8 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons + ½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1/4th cup fresh thyme leaves, chopped
3 tablespoons of white wine
8 large potatoes, halved
2 medium sized onions, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit at least 20 minutes before starting the recipe. This will enable you to immediately pop the chicken into the oven as soon as you are ready. Then take the chicken thighs and get rid of the skin. Then hold the knife in a tilted manner and gently slit the chicken in one or two places.
2. Take a bowl and put the minced garlic in it. Top the garlic with honey, lemon juice, white wine, oregano and half of the chopped thyme leaves. Now take a spoon and stir the mixture to combine everything nicely. Once you get a nicely combined mixture put the cleaned chicken thighs in a bowl and drizzle the marinade over the chicken.
3. Put a tight lid on the bowl and shake it to mix the marinade nicely with the chicken pieces. Once done, transfer the bowl into the refrigerator and allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for at least 1 hour. Once the time for marinating is over, take out the chicken from the refrigerator and keep it aside.
4. Let the chicken sit outside the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes so that it can come down to room temperature. Once ready, pick up the chicken thighs one by one and place them on a plate. Now take the roasting tray and arrange the chicken thighs side by side, by maintaining some distance between each of them.
5. Then sprinkle some fresh thyme leaves, olive oil, freshly grounded black pepper and salt over each of the chicken pieces. Finally, cover the roasting tray tightly with the aluminum foil and insert it into the hot oven.
6. Let the chicken cook for 2 hours. In the meantime, fill a sauce pan with water and put the halved potatoes in the water. Light the stove and set the flame on medium high. Put the lid on the sauce pan and allow the potatoes to boil. Once the potatoes are boiled, dump them into a colander and strain the water.
7. Cool down the potatoes for 10 minutes and then sprinkle some salt and pepper on the potatoes. Next mash the potatoes very finely, so that you don’t get any lumps. Finally, add the sliced onions and mix well with the mashed potatoes.
8. Then put the marinade mixture into the sauce pan and place it over medium high heat. Use a strainer while pouring the sauce, in order to discard the pieces of garlic and thyme. Cook the sauce until it thickens up a bit.
9. Now take out the chicken from the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Put back the tray into the oven and roast the chicken uncovered for 35-45 minutes. Once done, serve the chicken with the mashed potatoes and a slice of lemon. Finally, drizzle the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Photo Credit: Thehomemadefoods.com/2011/07/28/chicken-thighs-with-lemon-recipe/