Aerobics are a form of exercise that requires little movement of your body parts. It is one of the most commonly used methods of losing weight and keeping the natural shape of the body.
If you are looking forward to losing weight or if you are suffering from heart trouble, it is the best form of exercise that you can find. Aerobic Exercise is suggested by physicians for the treatment of Diabetes, Cardiac diseases and High Blood Pressure.
When you have finally decided to have regular sessions of Aerobics, you need to prepare a plan for the time and diet you will follow. It will keep you organized.
In addition, here are some important points you should keep in mind while doing the exercise.
1) Consistency – Consistency is the key to success in every field. So you need to keep yourself focused and determined. If you stop doing any exercise in the middle of it, it will ruin your health instead of improving it. So, try your utmost to keep yourself motivated so that you can impress others with your ideal health and figure.
2) Intensity – Doing lighter exercises will lead you nowhere except the wastage of your time. You need to take up hard tasks that will consume your energy. If you naturally take the easy way out but want to lose weight, you need to change your attitude otherwise the whole exercise will go down the drain. Try to keep it as difficult as possible.
3) Enjoyment – Every individual has some natural likes and dislikes that can hardly be changed. The element of fun in Aerobic Exercises is the most important one. You are never advised to impose any particular form of exercise on yourself. You are the best judge. Choose the exercise that you enjoy the most. If you are not a keen runner, just drop running. There are many options like swimming, rowing, skipping, biking, jogging etc. that you can take up any time according to your own personal choice.
4) Time – Time is the deciding factor. You can start with a walk of 5 minutes, but then you need to increase your time on a daily basis. It is understandable that you might not have much stamina, but that is what you need to build in order to lose your weight.
5) Proper diet – Even the regular Aerobics is useless if you do not bother to check your eating habits. I am not telling you to starve, but a proper nutritious diet is always a complement to the exercise. People join gyms and workout centres to lose weight, work out on treadmills for hours together, but then on their way back home they eat a cheeseburger or an ice-cream.
They believe that they burnt their calories in the gym. But that is not the case. They put on more than they lost. Make it a point that you have a protein rich snack before the exercise. You can take a vegetable sandwich, for instance. It provides you with sufficient instant energy to work out.
Water intake is another element which people leave out. The perspiration you lose during the exercise has to be restored to the body as it contains useful salts as well. In addition, water intake during the exercise keeps you away from stiffness of muscles by reducing the proportion of lactic acid in your muscles.
Once your exercise session is over, do not forget to take a quick protein supplement again. This is necessary because your body is warmed up and stimulated during exercise. You have to provide it with sufficient energy to bring it back to its natural position.