- Best Hotels In Fort LauderdalePosted 3 days ago
- Best Home Remedies For Ant BitesPosted 3 days ago
- Best Home Remedies For Dry ThroatPosted 3 days ago
- Daily Horoscope For 17th June 2013Posted 3 days ago
- Daily Horoscope For 16th June 2013Posted 4 days ago
- Daily Horoscope For 15th June 2013Posted 5 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy Core ReviewPosted 5 days ago
Delicious And Quick Goan Fish Curry Recipe
Amongst the various kinds of scrumptious foods from India, the Goan cuisine is quite popular throughout the world due to the extensive use of unique spices such as curry leaves, tamarind, mustard seeds, and vinegar. One of the most popular recipes of the Goan cuisine is Goan fish curry. It is easy to make and can be made by spending just 30 minutes of one’s time.
Time for Preparation: 15 minutes
Time for Cooking: 15 minutes
For the Fish
Halibut (or any other white fish) – 600 grams
Tamarind paste – 1 tablespoon
Salt – a pinch
Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Dry Spice mixture
Red Chili Flakes – 2 tablespoons
White cumin seeds – 1 tablespoon
Coriander seeds – 2 tablespoons
Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
Black mustard seeds – 1 tablespoon
For curry sauce
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Red onion (finely sliced) – 2
Fresh Curry leaves – 15
Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
Ginger (finely grated) – 1 inch piece
Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2
Paprika – 1 Teaspoon
Coconut milk – 400 ml
Red chilies – 3
Double cream – 4 tablespoons
Garam masala – 1 Tablespoon
1. Take a frying pan and dry roast the dry spice on medium heat still smoke rises from it. Take the pan off the heat, collect the roasted spices and grind finely to a powder. You can do this using a blender or a mortar and pestle.
2. Cut fish into pieces of 1 inch each. Mix salt, turmeric powder and tamarind paste together, apply the paste on the fish and set aside.
3. Take a large wok and add oil in it. Add onions and curry leaves and fry for few minutes on medium heat till they become brown in color.
4. Add ginger, garlic and grinded dry spice and fry for few more minutes. Add some tomatoes, coconut milk, red chilies, paprika, and fresh cream.
5. Finally, add the fish covered in tamarind and stir for some time in the curry sauce. The fish will cook perfectly in about 5 minutes. Sprinkle garam masala on top, adjust the seasoning and serve with rice or bread.