- Best Diet To Cure PCOSPosted 2 months ago
- Change Of Diet To Cure SeizuresPosted 2 months ago
- 5 Effective Natural Cures For LymphomaPosted 2 months ago
- 5 Magical Natural Cures For MelasmaPosted 2 months ago
- Effective Home Remedies For Night SweatsPosted 2 months ago
- Diet To Be Followed For Peptic UlcerPosted 2 months ago
- 10 Effectual Natural Treatments For Thyroid ProblemsPosted 2 months ago
Crescent Cookies – An Old-Fashioned Holiday Treat
Crescent cookies have been extremely popular during the holidays and Christmas for many years. There nutty and buttery delicacies melt in the mouth and delight the eaters more than any other cookies one might try.
Another thing that makes this recipe great is that fact that these cookies taste even better few days after baking them. So you can move on to the other aspects of your holiday feast after baking these delicious cookies in advance.
Walnuts – ½ cup
Sugar – 7 tablespoons
Butter – 1 cup
Vanilla extract – 1½ teaspoons
Flour (sifted) – 2 cups
Powdered sugar – to dust
1. Pre-heat the over to a temperature of 325 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Pour walnuts in a blender jar or food processor bowl and grind to a fine powder. Add sugar and blend for a few more minutes. The roughness of the sugar helps breakdown the walnuts further. Now add butter and blend till it is well creamed. Next, add vanilla extract and mix well till all the ingredients are combined properly. Using a spatula, fold in the flour, adding a little at a time. Mix into a dough and let it rest for a minimum of 10 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ inch. Cut it into ½ inch wide and 1½ inch long strips. Now use you hands to roll each of these strips into a crescent shape. Line the cookie sheet with a parchment paper and Transfer all the crescent shapes cookies to it.
4. Bake the cookies for about 20 to 25 minutes, till they turn golden in color. Let it stand and cool down for at least 5 minutes, and then dust them with powdered sugar. Make sure to cool down the cookies completely before serving them.
Suggestions and Tips
You can also substitute the walnuts in the recipe with different kinds of nuts to bring variety in the cookies. You can make use of pistachios, almonds, or pecan instead of walnuts. The resultant cookie will always be fantastic, and you will be able to obtain the similar nutty and butter goodness with all kinds of nuts. Try this wonderful recipe next Christmas, and you and your loved ones will not be able to forget them for a long time.